Are you being sexually exploited?
- Have you ever given or felt you must give sex for money, food, drugs, or a place to sleep?
- Have you ever received uninvited or unwanted requests to engage in sexual activities and/or conversations in person, on the phone, or over the internet?
- Do you feel someone will hurt you unless you provide sexual services to them?
- Has someone convinced you to move away from your family, home, and/or friends for sexual purposes?
- Has someone ever touched themselves inappropriately in front of you, or touched you when it is unwanted?
IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT.
Transitions (est. 2000) was developed to assist individuals who have been sexually exploited through current or past involvement in the sex trade and would like to move into mainstream employment or education. The program is open to women, men, and transgender individuals aged 18 and over from any culture.
Sexual exploitation can include, but is not limited to:
- Massage parlours
- Human trafficking
- Phone sex operation
Participants will experience a reduction in social isolation, enhanced personal safety, improved health and wellness, strengthened self-esteem and increased self-confidence.
You are worth more than they can ever pay.
- Case management
- Individual and group support
- Health and wellness management (Women in Motion)
- Cultural support and activities
- Counselling supports and services
- Weekly Relapse Prevention workshops
- Exposure courses (i.e. First Aid & CPR)
- Daily NA meetings on site (Monday to Friday at noon)
Step 1. Pre-Program
- Preparation and stabilization for core program
- Outreach support and services
- Income support
- Community referrals
Step 2. Core Program
20 week closed group (Monday to Friday, 9:30 am-3:30 pm)
- Life management training
- Personal power development
- Understanding abuse and triggers
- Impacts of prostitution
- Healthy relationships
- Family dynamics & parenting
- Much more!
- Financial literacy
- Basic Shelf Cooking Class ($250.00 shopping credit provided on completion)
- Work experience, employment, and/or further education
Step 3. Post Program
- One-to-one support
- Relapse prevention
- Job placement supports
- Community connections (education, self-employment)
Step 4. Support Group
Survival Squad: Wednesday evenings, 6 pm – 8 pm
- Peer support
- Guided topics
- Child care
- Past or present involvement in the sex trade
- Male, female, or transgender
What Participants Say
“Transitions is a place where you’re safe to feel joy and laugh.”
“The inclusive atmosphere makes me feel at home.”
“If it wasn’t for this program, I wouldn’t be where I am today, and I would still be involved in the sex trade.”
“This program helped me realize that my past and the things that I’ve experienced – prostitution, drug addiction, domestic violence – didn’t make me who I was. I’m still a human being. Transitions gave me my self-esteem back.”
For more information, Contact Us.